Salary:14448 – 16345 SDG
About Plan International Sudan:
Founded 80 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s centered development and humanitarian organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations and is an equal opportunity employer. Plan International purpose statement “We strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls”.
We engage people and partners to:
· Empower children, young people and communities to make vital changes that tackle the root causes of discrimination against girls, exclusion and vulnerability
· Drive change in practice and policy at local, national and global levels through our reach, experience and knowledge of the realities children face
· Work with children and communities to prepare for and respond to crises and to overcome adversity
· Support the safe and successful progression of children from birth to adulthood
Plan International core values are:
· We strive for lasting impact
· We are open and accountable
· We work well together
· We are inclusive and empowering
Plan International started working in Sudan in 1977 and has a presence in four states our of 18 states, mainly (Kassala state, White Nile State, North Kordofan State and Darfur State) and implemented it program via a Child Centered Community Development (CCCD) approach, focusing on child rights, implementing programmers designed to enable communities to improve the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children and their families.
About the Position
A full time Country Finance Manager is required to implement the Plan International Sudan financial action plan and solidify the financial processes and systems in the Country Office and Program Area offices and Units to enable Plan International Sudan to deliver on its program strategy and accountabilities to children, communities and donor
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
· The position manages all staff in the Country Finance Department
· The Country Finance Manager leads the financial services provided within Plan International Sudan which has a planned annual budget of approximately US $ 10/15m.
· Member of the Country Management Team
· Signatory on Country office and Program area offices bank accounts
· Approver of financial transactions up to USD 50,000 or as varied by the prevailing financial authorization matrix
Physical Environment and Demands:
· The position is based at the country office which is a typical office environment
· It requires travel to program unit operations, which may account for up to 25% of working time.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
Oversight and development of an excellent and high performing finance team within the country
· Recruiting, developing and retaining finance staff from the local labour market
· Establishing and beginning to implement, development and training plans for all finance staff
· Leading regular meetings of finance team members including those at the Program area offices.
· Ensuring performance management of all finance staff occurs in line with the global standard
Grants financial reporting and record keeping are thorough, well maintained and accurate
· Establishing complete grants budgets which include cost recovery of staff costs and support services
· Accurate maintenance of grants expenditure records including supporting documentation which is approved by the appropriate authority
· Review of financial reporting prepared for submission to donors to ensure it is accurate and on time
· Maintaining close monitoring of advances to partners, expenditure reporting by partners and complete supporting documentation
Plan International Sudan management and teams are supported by effective financial services, financial information, analysis and advice
· Support the Country Director in preparation of funding requests and communicating other business plans to the regional office
· Report program area offices and country office results against budget, other key financial measures to the Country Management Team including advising on issues highlighted by the financials and recommendations to address these
· Support payroll, regulatory returns and tax compliance as required
· Provide efficient purchasing and payment services to Plan International Sudan staff.
· Ensure financial due diligence of partners is completed as part of partner assessment processes
Budgeting and planning is based on excellent and timely financial data
· Organize and control the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasting processes including communicating instructions, meeting deadlines
· Consolidate and review country operational budgets
Financial reporting and cash management is accurate and compliant with established policies and procedures
· Manage the general ledger and cash management processes including cash forecasting
· Prepare flow charts for key financial processes
· Implement the Finance and Operations Book in Plan International Sudan
· Updating of the financial authorization matrix and obtaining the approval of the Country Director at least annually and more frequently if required
· Ensure finance related audit actions are implemented and alternative actions taken as required to address weaknesses in financial controls and procedures identified in finance and other forms of audit reports
Qualification and Experience:
Education, Experience, Qualifications
· At least Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration.
· Professional Financial/Accounting qualification (CPA or equivalent)
· Minimum 7 years of experience in financialmanagerialposition with INGOs or any reputed company in financial accounting, auditing and grants management.
· Experience with the donor and grants agency such as (EC, DFID, UNDP, UNICEF, ECHO and USAID).
· Knowledge of intermediate accounting principles and procedures with strong working knowledge of Excel.
· Proven effective management skills leading teams across several sites and operating in a multi-cultural and matrix management structure
· Excellent proven financial analytical skills
· Ability to demonstrate and foster in team members a strong commitment to meeting the needs of other employees and managers for financial services
· Good written and spoken English
· Proficient in Microsoft office packages and with Plan’s general ledger, grants tracking and S.A.P systems
Personal Qualities, Competencies, and Values
· Striving for high performance across the team and for Plan’s business
· Strategic thinking and innovation – fining efficiencies in the use of resources
· Decision making and risk management – identification and action on financial risk management in line with compliance requirements
· Influence and communication – able to communicate concerns to managers and teams
· Building effective teams and partnerships – with teams and suppliers
· Developing people – leaving a legacy of a locally able team
· Self-awareness and resilience – operating in a highly volatile and developing context
Salary and Benefits:
Plan offers a very competitive salary and benefits package to its employees. The employee shall receive a net salary in United States Dollars at the prevailing exchange rate on the day the Salary is paidper month In addition to the salary; Plan offers a generous package of benefit and different allowances including health insurance. Plan also pays additional three months basic salary every year to staff during key festivals “Eid Alfeter, and Eid Adha” and in the month when school starts in Sudan. Plan also provides a number of capacity development opportunities to its employees including Talent Management Program.
How to Apply:
The closing date for the applications is 21stJuly 2017. Please use the title: “Country Finance Manager” in your application. Please attach your relevant CV, a letter explaining how your skills and experiences meet the requirements of the job, your contact details including phone and email in addition to the names and contact details of two referees who know you professionally. Please note that one of the referees must be your current/most recent line manager. The complete application should be submitted hard copy to Joint Procedures Centre Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) Labor office, Jamhuria Street. and soft CVs can be submitted to the following website before 21st July 2017 www.plan-internationalonly short listed candidates will be contacted.
Child Protection Policy:
References checks will be carried out in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy for the successful candidate before confirming the offer. Plan will also request for Police Clearance report before confirming the offer. Plan is committed to implement its equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the national community; qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
100 - 499 Employees
26 July 2017