• Required to transport cargo in the form of both food and Non-Food-Items in accordance to the Procedures & Normative Guidelines, as establish by Project.
• At least High School Graduate or above
• CV or resume with certificate of employments
• Copy of Driving license (Front & back) from home country & other country worked
• Not more than 45 years old
• Copy of latest police clearance – no criminal record
• Ex abroad or worked in GCC countries are priority
• If in Sudan copy of work permit or visa status
• Open for foreign candidates only
• Perform a daily inspection of the vehicle and trailer and ensure that they are mechanically sound and to report any problems or defects to immediate supervisor.
• Carry responsibility for truck allocated and cargo and provide assistance and guidance to those vehicles under the convoy.
• Responsible for telecommunications and usage of GPS, HF & VHF radio & communications to inform Traffic Manager of progress and position on an hourly basis.
• Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
• Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc)
• Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
• Responsible for all security issues that may arise and always decide safest option for convoy and use careful judgment to ensure safe passage.
• In the event of breakdown or recovery, decide upon best course of action to recover vehicle in the safest and quickest manner without potential damage being caused by in this exercise.
• Ensure that sufficient funds are available for off-loading cargo where applicable.
• Ensure that the vehicle under direct responsibility is thoroughly cleaned and maintained in a good mechanical condition.
• Ensure that the Vehicle logbook is duly completed on a daily and timely basis free from errors to maintain good records.
• Ensure that the vehicle is always fuelled on time and make sure that the fuel consumption figures are maintained within the established parameters as set by Project.
• Responsible to ensure that the cargo loaded at Origin is safely transported to the Destination
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria